Pay R69 for a meal for two people at Dong Hua Restaurant, valued at R160 (save 57%)
- Save 57% on a meal for two people
- Meal includes a choice of Sizzling Beef with Black Bean sauce OR Sweet and Sour Chicken OR Chicken with Lemon sauce
- Includes a choice of any soup, three vegetarian spring rolls, white rice and Chinese tea
- Authentic Chinese cuisine
- Relaxed and comfortable atmosphere
- Highly efficient staff
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 082 362 6127 OR 081 302 1260
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- One Groupon per person per visit
- Five Groupons per person
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Limited number available
- Groupon does not cover gratuity
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Groupon valid every day, 9:00 to 22:00
- Terms & Conditions apply
Given the Made in China stamp on pretty much everything these days, it’s probably safe to say that China is the birthplace of many of the world’s greatest things. One of their biggest contributions, however, does not have a stamp on it; probably because it’s never around long enough for the label-makers to get near it. Show you appreciation for the birthplace of the Takeout King and favoured food of college students everywhere and pay R69 for a meal for two people at Dong Hua Restaurant.
While you could always wait for 11:11 and wish for a plane-ticket to China, or make a very sincere plea to a Chinese Money Cat and hope it magically transports you there, a far easier way to experience the land of sticky rice and Oolong tea is a trip to Dong Hua. With a genuine Chinese feel and a selection of authentic delicacies wider than the belly of a fat panda, Dong Hua is your very own portal to the fabled country. Friendly staff who know how to make you feel appreciated, chefs who know how to blend flavours to something magical and an ambience that would put even the most neurotic at ease make Dong Hua more than just a place to fill your belly on the fly.
Though you probably won’t find plane tickets falling out of the sky, no matter how hard you wish, Dong Hua does offer something of an aeroplane experience, though only in so far as they offer the standard choice of chicken or beef. Unlike aeroplane food though, the food is actually delicious. Choose from Sizzling Beef in Black Bean sauce or two varieties of chicken – either Sweet and Sour or served with Lemon sauce. To accompany it, or start it off, choose any of the soups off the menu. Three vegetarian spring rolls each and white rice finish the meal off nicely, ensuring full and happy bellies.
It is advised that you choose your dinner partner carefully. When making your decision, it could be wise to choose the friend that rarely eats when you go out, ensuring that most of the meal falls into your belly. Some may call this greed, but others know this is just a grand tactic. Of course, the only thing you really have to share is the Chinese tea, but it’s always fun to nick food off your dinner partner’s plate.
Historical Fact: Historians who uncovered the tomb of a previously-unknown Chinese emperor were stumped by the inscription over the door, which read 我真的只是裝奧凱如春, a dialect of the language they had never seen before. After months of work, the final translation they came to read something along the lines of ‘I really like spring rolls, okay?”