Pay R799 instead of R1600 for a bird’s eye Microlight adventure over the Cullinan Diamond mine (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a guided air tour over the Cullinan mine in an open cockpit Microlight
- Bird’s eye-view of the Cullinan mine
- Flight is approximately 45 minutes
- Experienced Microlight instructors as tour-guides
- Includes light breakfast or lunch
- Unforgettable experience
- Perfect as a gift or for yourself
- Groupon redeemable for 1 month
- Booking essential and subject to availability and weather conditions: 083 419 6613 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms and conditions apply
- Cancellation policy applies
- Arrive at Rhino Park Airfield 30 minutes prior to take off
- One passenger per Microlight, couples/families wishing to fly together can be arranged with on request
- Weigh limitation: 120kg
Resorting to sitting on geysers, voluntarily being shot out of catapults and jumping on the backs of flame-breathing dragons, human beings have long been searching for the ideal way to soar the skies. Avoid scalded buttocks with today’s Groupon: a guided air-tour over the Cullinan mine in an open cockpit Microlight for R799.
Sharing the sky with feathery fowls and instructors who know the Cullinan Diamond mine like a genie knows the inside of his lamp, the Microlight adventure is indeed an unforgettable experience. A compact aircraft that packs just as much punch as any other sky-car, the Microlight is the ideal vessel for pretending you are “like a bird” and will “only fly away”. Combined with a tour that boast a spectacular view of a diamond mine more famous than Jack’s magical beanstalk, the experience is one fit for the photo albums.
As is standard with all awesome experiences, your adventure begins with a step onto the airfield and a briefing from the talented sky-cruisers. To familiarise yourself with the unique flying-mobile, the pilot will make known the necessary procedures ensuring you stay on track. After the briefing, gear up for your adventure with a flight suit, helmet, headsets and a full supply of adrenaline.
Speeding down the runway at 80km per hour, when your finally move up into the atmosphere you’ll be privy to views of the Cullinan Diamond mine that only pigeons and ninja-flies have ever witnessed. Home of the world’s largest blue diamond, the view of the Cullinan mine will not disappoint. With the pilot pointing out significant landmarks and entertaining good banter on the in-flight radio, and your fingers exercised appropriately for the masses of photos that will be taken, 45 minutes of air time may just be a little too little.
Though most recommend that the best times to fly are between 6:00 and 10:00 or 16:00 and 18:00, regardless of your choice you’ll still be able to entertain your belly with a light breakfast or lunch when you finally get back down to Earth.
Adrenaline-pumped Fact: A man named Roman, who lived in the south of France, was most famous for his unique take on boutique patisseries. The one he owned was a bakery that made life-size Go-karts out of bread, and visitors were allowed to zoom around the indoor track while munching on the vehicle.
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in South Africa
Further deals in other categories
Microlight AdventuresRhino Park airfield, approximately 35km East of Pretoria and 11km south of Rayton off the R515 .