be a handful. Not only do they have a penchant for chewing on everything that
crosses their path – even if what they’re chewing on happens to be your face –
but also because any attempts they make to amuse themselves usually end in
calls to the insurance company or the need for a stern talking-to. Keep your
younglings entertained without needing to up your insurance-premiums and pay
R122 for a Barbie Movie Theatre Storybook and Movie Projector.
doll has been a staple in almost every girl’s childhood for longer than it
takes most people to read War and Peace twice. Back in 1959, it was cool to
just have a Barbie and after that you needed all the dresses and friends and
paraphernalia that came with. Keeping up with the times, like most child stars,
Barbie then moved over to Hollywood – or, into the movie business anyway.
While the Barbie movies feature some of the world’s best fairy-tales, the Barbie Movie Theatre Storybook and Movie Projector is far better than plonking your kid in front of the television. While that’s likely to give them square eyes, the story-book provides eighty colour-slides for the visual-effect plus the stories themselves in nifty full-of-words format – meaning it’s a sneaky way to get your kids reading too, because it’s never too early to show them that reading a book can be more fun than rollerblading with an octopus.
With slides from four of Barbie’s most famous fairy-tale masterpieces, including The Nutcracker, Rapunzel, Swan Lake and The Princess and the Pauper, the story-book theatre provides all the Barbie-flavoured awesomeness your kids want to see without the noise of actual television.
Who knows, you might find the pretty pictures and enchanting stories so much, you end up missing your weekly rom-com to spend some quality time with Barbie.Plastic Fact: In a recent interview, a famous pop-sensation known for her odd fashion choices revealed that the inspiration for her clothing choices comes from a range of unreleased ‘avant-garde’ Barbie dolls manufactured in the early 1970’s.
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in South Africa
Further deals in other categories
In a Nutshell
- Save 50% on a Barbie Movie Theatre Storybook and Movie Projector
- Available in English and Afrikaans
- Eighty colour slides from four of Barbie’s most popular movies
- Encourage reading
- Perfect for bonding-time
- Ideal as a Christmas gift
The Fine Print
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months from Monday, 28 November 2011
- To redeem: go to www.starachievers.co.za or via telephone: 011 265 4301 (from Monday, 28 November 2011 only)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Orders placed after 8 December 2011 will only be received in January 2012