As a child, you have free reign to do many things that are generally frowned upon in the adult world, like passing off sun-baked mud as culinary excellence, spending all your money on candy and running through the sprinklers in your underwear. With rent to pay and groceries to buy, spending all your money on sugar isn’t feasible, but you can still recapture a bit of your childhood and pay R300 for a copy of Monopoly: Here & Now: The World Edition.
Unless you grew up in a cave, you probably remember Baltic Avenue, Park Place and some of the classic moments that came with a riveting all-nighter of Monopoly – even if it was just reluctantly agreeing to be the banker and conveniently forgetting to pay everyone their $200 or changing the rules about Free Parking.
Though there’s no more Baltic Avenue or little tin dogs, Monopoly has gone global. Another thing that most people will remember is the frenzy of voting that came with trying to get Cape Town onto the Monopoly World board and today’s Groupon gives you the chance to experience the fruits of all that laborious clicking. Instead of setting up your hotel on Pensylvania Avenue and waiting for some unlucky schmuck to roll a bad die and land his tin hat on it, now you compete for purchasing places like Toronto, Hong Kong and Cape Town. Another new addition is that you can play as an Egyptian mummy, Japanese sumo-wrestler or New York pretzel – which is a step up from having to argue over who had to be the hat.
The new Electronic Banking feature means you no longer have to spend hours counting out little strips of coloured paper, and you get to play around with a credit card without worrying about actual debt. As well as the usual Chance and Community Chest cards everyone knows and fears, you also get the new Did You Know cards with trivia and fun-facts about each featured city - the perfect combination of an old-classic with the spice of here and now complete with credit cards.Gaming Fact: Evidence suggests that the first board game was invented in the ancient Yukon. Archaeologists have discovered what seem to be the remnants of a game including a game-board, bits of multi-coloured plastic and a primitive set of dice.
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in South Africa
Further deals in other categories
In a Nutshell
- Save 50% on a copy of Monopoly: Here & Now: The World Edition
- Groupon includes delivery
- Includes new international tokens and Did You Know cards
- The same classic Monopoly game with global flair
- See Cape Town, South Africa on the international board
- Hours of board-game fun
- New Electronic Banking feature
- Ideal as a Christmas gift
The Fine Print
- Groupon redeemable until 30 November 2011
- Redeem your Groupon here: http://www.redeemit.co.za/za/en/1729452/
- Delivery address must be physical daytime address – PO Box address is insufficient
- One Groupon per person
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- Limited number available
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply