Just because a toy is educational, doesn’t mean it has to be as boring as a foam calculator or four-piece puzzle featuring advanced mathematical concepts. For instance, lego-blocks can teach kids the basics of construction, design and improve their creativity, imagination and tolerance for pain (because there’s nothing worse than stepping on a lego-block) and they’re anything but boring. Combine this education for budding builders with everyone’s favourite talking train, and you have a recipe for an educational toy that kids actually want to play with. Show your support for education and save up to 52% on Thomas the Tank Engine Mega Bloks sets.
Mega Bloks makes it easy for children to get into the wonderful world of talking trains and life-lessons from should-be-inanimate objects. The buildable playsets feature characters from the world of Thomas the Tank Engine and the chance to build and rebuild the scenes.
James on the Move features, according to Captain Obvious, the one and only James along with special building blocks to create his world. Let him travel along the main line, build some architectural features and finish off with a trip to the water tower – then, rip it all down and rebuild it differently. Thomas at the Sordor Fair features a decorated Thomas the Tank Engine himself, as well as the blocks, tents and ramps you need to build and rebuild the fair. It also includes a working Ferris-wheel to take the toy train to new heights.
Probably the best part of Thomas’s building-block world is the fact that all the sets can be put together to make one giant Thomas universe. The only thing you need to do is put the set together and provide the choo-choo noises.Locomotive Fact: The first train was constructed in Ancient Babylon and was fuelled mainly by a paste made from papyrus leaves and camel spit. Evidence suggests that the train – made from solid rock and weighing roughly 1400000 tons – was used to transport lima beans.
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in South Africa
Further deals in other categories
In a Nutshell
- Save up to 52% on Thomas the Tank Engine Mega Bloks sets
- Pay R145 for a James on the Move Mega Bloks set, valued at R279
- Pay R189 for a Thomas at the Sodor Fair Mega Bloks set, valued at R379
- 3-in-1 playsets
- Thomas at the Sordor Fair features a working Ferris-wheel
- Build and rebuild to create different experiences each time
- Combine sets to create one giant Thomas world
- Includes trains, building blocks and accessories
- Ideal as a gift
The Fine Print
- Groupon redeemable until 5 December 2011
- To redeem Groupon, click here: http://www.redeemit.co.za/za/en/1749763
- Delivery address must be physical daytime address – PO Box address is insufficient.
- One Groupon per person per purchase
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- Limited number available
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply