The prestigious malaria free, Aquila Private Game Reserve stands in an area of 4,500 hectares of Southern Karoo Highlands encapsulating breathtaking majestic mountains, rivers, valleys and kloofs.
Set in the pristine Southern Karoo Highlands against a backdrop of dramatic mountains, the Aquila Private Game Reserve offers an exciting taste of real Africa just two short hours from Cape Town by road.
Aquila is home to an enormous variety of game, including the Big 5 -- elephant, rhino, lion, buffalo and leopard Two- to three-hour game drives are a perfect way to see the animals (in four-wheel-drive vehicles, quad bikes or on horseback) and you can see ancient Khoi-San rock art at the same time.
Aquila’s four-star chalets are built largely from rock, thatch and wood to blend with the environment and offer every comfort like roaring log fires, wooden viewing decks, air conditioning, crisp percale linen, mini bars, rock bathrooms and, in some, alfresco rock showers. A luxurious honeymoon suite is perched on a hill for the ultimate romantic getaway. Aquila also offers ideal facilities for conferences and business meetings and it’s a perfect place for the wedding of a lifetime too.
There’s a bar, a swimming pool, a cosy cigar lounge and a large dining room where the executive chef presents a rich variety of authentic South African cuisine. Feast on a breakfast fit for a king and for lunch and dinner a range of meat dishes including springbok and roast lamb, a variety of beautifully prepared vegetables and other side dishes and to round off your meal, an array of superb cakes and puddings created on the premises as well as local cheeses and biscuits. Superb South African wines are on offer with your meal.
Big 5 - Lion, Buffalo, Leopard, Rhino and Elephant.
Rhino and giraffes
Black & blue wildebeest, Red hartebeest
Eland, Springbok, Blesbok
Gemsbok & other indigenous game
Caracal (Lynx), Black-Backed Jackal, Bat-eared Fox and the elusive Mountain Leopard
Aquila and its huge natural wetland is home to 172 species of birds and is also home to several breeding pairs of the rare and endangered Black Eagle, after which the Reserve has been named.
Game viewing safaris in open 4x4 vehicles
Horseback safaris described as an epic experience and adventure
Quad bike safaris
Clay pigeon shooting (Prior arrangement)
Archery (Prior arrangement)
Rock swimming pool
Khoi/San Bushman rock art tours
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in South Africa
Further deals in other categories
In a Nutshell
- Save up to 59% on a Big 5 overnight safari breakaway package and horseback safari for two people
- Includes welcome drinks, four-star accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner, horseback safari, 4x4 game drive and an ostrich farm tour
- Groupon redeemable for two people
- Four-star accommodation
- Home to the Big 5: elephant, lion, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Malaria Free
- Aquila Game Reserve specialists as your guides
The Fine Print
- Groupon redeemable until 15 December 2011
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 0861 7373 783 or email@example.com
- Redeemable Sunday to Thursday
- Standard cottages provided for accommodation
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- The picture displayed is just a representation