Everyone always says it’s the littlest things that usually leave you feeling happiest, like actually making the right amount of spaghetti, or when the guy who borrowed your pen actually gives it back. See what just two days away will do for you and save up to 57% on up to two night’s accommodation for four people at the Pearl of Oudtshoorn Hotel.
- Pay R750 for a one-night stay, valued at R1500 (save 50%)
- Pay R1300 for a two-night stay, valued at R3000 (save 57%)
Most names shouldn’t be taken literally, but Pearl of Oudtshoorn really is like its namesake; a hidden gem amongst the mountains, though of course, it’s not situated in the mouth of a large oyster. Nestled between the Outeniqua and Swartberg mountain ranges, it’s actually in a far better location, because while urban civilization has certain advantages, like being able to do your month’s grocery shopping on the side of the road, it also has smog and traffic which greatly detract from its appeal.
In keeping with the natural feel of its splendid surroundings, the hotel is an ode to nature – though far more luxurious than a bed of ferns. Sumptuously decorated and comfortable enough to mistake for home, the rooms overlook the cool waters of the swimming pool which is perfect for summertime shenanigans and splashing. For those more historically and culturally inclined, a stay at the Pearl of Oudtshoorn also means you’re within shouting distance of such amazing attractions as the Cango Caves and Wildlife Ranch and the reason Oudtshoorn is famous Ostrich Show Farms.
Whether it’s you and some buddies kicking up your feet in quasi-rural splendour or you’re taking the family out for some familial bonding amongst mountains and nature, the Pearl of Oudtshoorn is the perfect place to do it.
Strange Fact: A hotel in the Saharan desert offers free accommodation to anyone who can collect all twenty seven coconuts scattered throughout their maze. Only two people in the hotel’s history have managed to complete this task.
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in South Africa
Further deals in other categories
In a Nutshell
- Save up to 57% on up to two night’s accommodation for four people
- Natural surroundings
- Putt-Putt, tennis court and swimming pool available
- Close to local attractions
- Ideal as a Christmas gift
The Fine Print
- Valid from 15 December 2011 to 31 January 2012
- Groupon doesn't include breakfast
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 082 728 7551
- Groupon issued and valid once deal closes
- Picture displayed is just a representation