Whether it’s the stub of a toe outside your apartment or the coat-hanger vendor who once again causes you to miss the green robot, minor menaces can turn into major meltdowns with the quick flick of the anger switch. Give yourself a break and get away from concrete jungle curses with today’s Groupon: a three-night midweek break with breakfast and full body massages for two people or a three-night weekend break for two with breakfast at the Tulbagh Country Guest House.
Founded in 1859 the four-star Tulbagh Hotel Is centrally located and within walking distance of all Tulbagh amenities. The hotel offers a spacious but cosy dining area and lounge bar where the seasonal ambiance is provided by large open log fires, a terrace shaded by a White Karee tree and a secluded courtyard.
Today’s Groupon offer allows you and a lucky friend or loved one, three nights in Tulbagh Hotel’s heritage annex, the Winterhoek Manor. Dating from 1813, the manor is an imposing Cape Dutch property with three charming en-suite rooms named after the founding fathers of the Western Cape and a great base from where to explore Tulbagh’s heritage and natural beauty, including award-winning winemakers and an entertaining theatre. Snuggle up in an en-suite room and enjoy dreams of the continental breakfast you’ll enjoy in the morning.
Tulbagh is famous for its heritage, magnificent country living, scenic beauty and majestic mountain ranges. Visit award winning cellars, cheese farms, olive farms and the local chocolatier; or if your idea of a perfect getaway is baking your toes in front of the fire with your nose planted in a literary gem or enjoying a muscle-melting full body massage, then you’ve found your little oasis of idleness. If your definition of a perfect day leans more towards fighting off squirrel monkeys and saving small towns from villainous desperadoes then you might prefer to participate in mountain biking, hiking, golf, horse riding or the Ceres Zipslide Adventure. Whether you’re an old soul, a romantic or a computer-savvy space man, the Tulbagh Hotel will warm even the hardest of hearts.
Fanciful fact: In the book of world records, the most delicious hotel is in Prague. The Candy Colosseum hotel has a lobby fitted with a coffee shop and milkshake bar which are fashioned out of candy canes and chocolate bricks.
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in South Africa
Further deals in other categories
In a Nutshell
- Save up to 58% on a three-night midweek or weekend stay for two
- Pay R1500 for a three-night midweek break with breakfast and full body massages for two, valued at R3560
- Pay R1500 for a three-night weekend break for two with breakfast, valued at R3000
- Stay in the beautiful Cape Dutch Quarters
- Beautiful views and old-world feel
- Ideal for a romantic getaway
The Fine Print
- Midweek break excludes Saturday night and is valid until 10 December 2011
- Weekend break includes Saturday night and is valid until 25 September 2011
- Groupon valid for two people sharing
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Booking essential: 023 230 1171
- Groupons include continental breakfast
- Groupon valid for accommodation in Cape Dutch Quarters, subject to availability
- If Cape Dutch Quarters are fully booked, guests will be accommodated at Wittedrift Art Manor
- Multiples available as gifts