There are a few ways to break the socially-awkward ice during social gatherings. You could discuss the weather, though it might lead to heated arguments about the merits of rain, or recount the details of your latest Christmas shopping trip down to the last customer you rear-ended with your trolley for a few giggles. The best way, however, is whipping out one of those old board games. Do better than Scrabble and pay R139.95 for either the Twilight or New Moon board game.
Most people remember playing games like Hungry, Hungry Hippos or Monopoly on rainy days, though rather than being a few fun hours, play-time often turned into sweating nervously as the hour-glass dripped down or desperately trying to roll a double to get out of jail. Rather than dig out games wedged into a dark corner of a dusty attic and stress yourself over landing on a friends hotel, combine that rainy-day excitement with Edward and Bella’s glitter-drenched tale of romance and adventure with board games based on the Twilight Saga.
Better than battling it out over who gets to be the tin dog and who has to be the iron, play as Bella and Edward or as James and Victoria and follow the hunt as the nomads track Bella through the Olympic Peaks. Alternatively, the New Moon game gives you the chance to face challenges from everyone from the Quileutes to the Volturi and experience the excitement of playing as vampires or werewolves in the quest to reunite Bella and Edward. The trivia based games let you match your wits and Twilight knowledge against your friends and collect scenes from the movie – if you don’t know what kind of car Jacob spent his time rebuilding or what city the Volturi live in, it’s probably time to brush up.
Whether you’re a proud sufferer of Obsessive Cullen Disorder, you just want a chance to battle it out with your buddies for title of World’s Best Twihard or you need to catch up with your trivia in time for the latest big-screen instalment, there’s no better way to do it.Gaming Fact: Evidence suggests that the first board game was invented in Ancient Babylon. Archaeologists have discovered what seem to be the remnants of a game including a game-board, buts of multi-coloured string and a primitive set of dice.
Further deals in this category
Further deals in this city
Further deals in South Africa
Further deals in other categories
In a Nutshell
- Save 39% on the Twilight and New Moon board games
- Trivia based games to brush up on your Twilight knowledge
- Challenges from the Quileutes, the Volturi and more
- Play as Bella and Edward or James and Victoria in the hunt through the Olympic Peaks or be the first to reunite Bella and Edward in New Moon
- Includes delivery
- Ideal as a Christmas gift
The Fine Print
- Groupon redeemable until 30 November 2011
- Redeem your Groupon here: http://www.redeemit.co.za/za/en/1642401 . Must input inidividual Groupon codes if more than one is purchased
- Delivery address must be physical daytime address – PO Box address is insufficient.
- One Groupon per person
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions