A good pair of sunglasses is important for more than just protecting your peepers from the harsh light of day and the incessant twinkle of Christmas lights. Before the invention of sunglasses, the trademark mystique of many a rock star was ruined by constant and inescapable eye-contact. Play it cool and pay R1619 for a pair of Genuine Oakley NanoWire 1.0 Sunglasses.
No one wants sunglasses that feel more like goggles on their face – heavy, cumbersome and vision-obscuring whenever you happen to look in any direction that’s not straight ahead. With Nanowire technology, the titanium alloy frame contours to your face to ensure a comfortably flexible fit – and, bonus points are awarded because the nanowire makes for the lightest pair of sunglasses you’ll ever wear. With enhanced glare-blocking capabilities, a lens coating that repels water, dust and oil and constructed from materials like Iridium®, Plutonite® and Unobtanium®, it’s basically space-age technology for your face.
What you need to know:
- Gold frames with brown lenses
- Minimised glare with more than 99% polarisation efficiency
- Added glare reduction with Anti-Reflective (AR) and Iridium® lens coating
- Made with Oakley’s proprietary titanium alloy, which is ultra-lightweight, flexible memory-metal
- Standard with Oakley Hydrophobic/Oleophobic anti-smudge lens coating
- Unobtanium® ear-socks provide a snug and secure fit
- Plutonite® lens material provides UV protection for UVA/UVB/UVC & harmful blue light
- Patented XYZ Optics® for maximum clarity at all angles of vision and optimised peripheral vision
There’s nothing better for the summer sunshine than chilling overheated eyeballs behind the undeniable cool of Oakley NanoWire 1.0 Sunglasses.Sun-shaded Fact: In Hawaii kids use hollowed out coconuts as sunglasses. They slice the coconuts in half and join the two halves together with a stick and some wire for the ear pieces. They then cut holes with a cookie cutter so they can see out of them.