Pay R65 for a Seal Island trip for two adults OR R95 for two adults and two children onboard the Nauticat Glass bottom boat (Save 50%)
- Save 50% on a Seal Island trip on the glass-bottomed Nauticat
- Pay R65 for a 45-minute trip for two adults, valued at R130
- Pay R95 for a 45-minute trip for two adults and two children, valued at R190
- View the secrets of the deep while staying dry in the first glass-bottomed boat
- View the sights and visit the local seals on Seal Island
- Fully stocked bar
- Fun and comfortable cruise
- Ideal for a summer’s day out
- Groupon valid for following dates in November: 12; 13; 19; 26; 27 November 2011
- Groupon valid for following times in November: 9:45; 11:00; 13:15; 15:45
- Booking essential and subject to availability: Email copy of Groupon along including chosen time and date for your cruise to email@example.com
- Children are classified as anyone 12 years of age or under
- Cruise dependent on terms and conditions and on the discretion of Nauticat Charters on the day
- 45-minute trip may be cancelled due to bad weather
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
Just like fashion sense and taste in music, what you define as “a sense of adventure” is completely up to you. Whether being adventurous means swinging on vines through the jungle, saving kittens from burning trees or switching from coffee to green tea; enjoy a classic Cape Town adventure with today’s Groupon: Pay R65 for a Seal Island trip in a glass-bottomed boat for two adults or R95 for two adults and two children with Nauticat glass bottom boat.
If the idea of skimming across the ocean’s surface in a gorgeous boat while being able to see everything you pass over appeals to you – Nauticat Charters are the ones to make it happen. Whether you’re as water-wise as a seal or as water-weary as a just-bathed cat, the stunning and “first of its kind” Nauticat is a modified Catamaran which boasts glass viewing windows below deck, allowing the spectators an unbelievable view of the slinky inhabitants of seal island and other marine wildlife – all without getting wet.
Accommodating a total of 140 passengers, the Nauticat boasts facilities such as cosy inside seating, an open upper deck, full toilet facilities and a smooth saloon-like licensed bar. Departing from the scenic Hout Bay, passengers will be able to enjoy a 45-minute cruise while popping in to visit the resident Cape Fur Seals on Seal Island – a remarkable experience when viewing them through the glass viewing windows.
Reputed to be a truly magical oceanic experience – often resulting in passengers running away to live with the seals – enjoy a classic Cape Town Adventure with Nauticat Charters and the smiling inhabitants of Seal Island.
Cruise fact: The oldest known ocean charter was recorded by an Armenian Anthropologist who followed the Gorgonzola tribe in Italy. The Gorgonzola’s would fashion small boats out of massive blocks of cheese and oars out of plaited dried spaghetti before charging fellow tribesman for a ride up and down the river. The only problem posed was the vast amount of water-rats that would bite holes in the kayaks.