- Includes complimentary use of mountain bikes
- Picnic includes sparkling wine, juice, a pastry and meat platter and chocolates
- Sleep in a train coach
- Bar on site
All bookings must be made within 7 working days of purchase – no refunds thereafter. All travel must be completed by 12 March 2014. Reservation required: 012 734 0507 or email@example.com. Quote Groupon code when booking. One Groupon per person. Rate excludes: all meals not specified, travel insurance, items of a personal nature, porterage and tipping and sightseeing not mentioned. Subject to availability. Picture displayed is a representation.
Situated in the peaceful Cullinan Conservancy, Getaway Coaches offers a unique experience where guests experience a sense of nostalgia by sleeping in a stationary train coach.
Choose between these options:
- Pay R300 for a picnic for two people, valued at R600
- Pay R540 for a picnic for four people, valued at R1 200
- Pay R968 for a picnic for two people plus two night’s accommodation, valued at R2 200
- Pay R2 520 for a picnic for four people plus two night’s accommodation (sleeping up to eight people), valued at R6 000
The picnic includes sparkling wine, juice, a pastry and meat platter and chocolates. A vegetarian platter can be provided on request. Groupies also have the use of mountain bikes to do a mountain bike trail with compliments from management for the festive season.
More about Getaway Coaches
Getaway Coaches is situated on the farm Rietfontein, about four kilometres from Rayton at the old Van der Merwe station – one of the stations on the route to Lourenco Marques. Arriving at this unique sanctuary, guests get a taste of life on a train by booking into a first class suite boasting an en-suite bathroom. Travellers are afforded the chance to sit on the veranda and enjoy the view, have a meal in the dining coach or have a picnic on the lawns. Guest can also take part in a memorable horse ride; adding to the feeling of history and nostalgia.