Mauritius: Pay R29 590 for a seven night family package at Heritage Awali Golf and Spa Resort with Gats Leisure, valued at R59 800 (save 51%)
- Save 51% on a seven night family holiday in Mauritius
- Seven night’s accommodation in a deluxe room for two adults and two children
- Five-star accommodation and dining
- Groupon includes return economy-class airfares JNB-MRU-JNB with Air Mauritius, as well as return airport/hotel transfers
- Includes breakfast and dinner daily and RS1000 dinner credit per adult and a choice of seven five-star restaurants
- Unlimited golf at Golf du Chateau and kids club
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable from 14 January to 22 March 2012
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 012 346 3410
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Cancellation policy applies
- Flights from Cape Town an additional R1000
- Groupon does not include items of a personal nature, such as telephone calls, laundry, etc
- Groupon does not include airport tax
Unlike most other countries which run through normal seasons like summer and winter, the temperature in Mauritius only ranges from sultry to balmy. While most tourists tout the greatness of experiencing a snowy Christmas, there’s something to be said for a Christmas where the only white on the ground is the beach sand. Set on the Domaine de Bel Ombre, between the crystalline blue waters of the lagoon and some lush green hills, the Heritage Awali Golf and Spa Resort provides the perfect location for some away-time from the hustle and bustle of city life. Catering to young and old, the resort has something for everyone to enjoy – chic, ethnic décor, spacious and well-kitted rooms and a range of land and water-based activities more varied than a supersized bag of trail-mix.
When you’re not kicking back in your sumptuously decorated room, soaking up the atmosphere that’s both tropical and African, you can get out onto the green of Golf du Chateau and work on your stroke or take a short stroll down to the beach. Even if you itemised every activity you’d want to experience at the resort – swimming in the clear blue pools, watching the sun rise from your own private terrace or counting the number of steps from your room to the beach – there will probably still be a hundred things that you’ll want to do when you leave. Of course, seven nights is more than enough time to kick back and relax, as well as partake in some touristy adventures. Considering that breakfast and dinner are provided daily and you’ve got extra dinner credit, it’s not like cooking is going to be taking up any of your time. If you drop off the kids at the kids club, where they can hunt crabs on the beach or make their very own Mauritian musical instruments or sweets, you and the significant other can do your own beach-strolling or crab hunting.
Even if you spend all seven nights loafing around and catching up on your tan, Hollywood was right when they said there’s nothing better than a week on the beach for recharging your social batteries.Getaway Fact: Bangers and Mash, a North American backpackers’ lodge in Mexico is a unique lodging that boasts strange and eccentric rooms. Each room has a bed in the shape of a sausage and mattresses are specially manufactured to make the user feel as though they are lying in a bed of mashed potatoes.