Pay R45 for T-bone steak and soft-drink at Tryline Events and Conference Centre, valued at R90 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a T-bone steak and soft-drink
- Choose between chips, pap and sauce, mash or salad as a side
- Live music on some nights
- Children welcome
- Warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Situated in Pretoria’s oldest rugby club
- Proficient and friendly staff
- Ideal as a gift
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 071 940 7693
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Groupon does not cover gratuity
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
- Sit-down only and no takeaways
Apart from showing up to work in a shiny new Rolls Royce, wearing a Rolex on each arm or wallpapering your bedroom with hundred rand notes, nothing screams success louder or more resoundingly than a steak dinner. If your tastes don’t run to the flashy and flamboyant, go with the steak dinner and pay R45 for a T-bone steak and soft-drink at Tryline Events and Conference Centre.
Right at home in Pretoria’s oldest rugby club, the Tryline Events and Conference Centre in Groenkloof, there’s no better place to tuck into a hearty meal than when you’re surrounded by the history of South Africa’s favourite sport. While you relax into a comfy chair, prepare your taste-buds and your dinner partner for the steak-induced daze that will probably overcome you when your meal arrives.
Of course, steak isn’t just for those who shun anything leafy and green; long has it been the meal of choice for business men sealing important deals, women on dates and other people when they want breakfast to be really hearty. The bonus is that the chefs at Tryline know just how to prepare a steak that will make you want to shun all other foodstuffs. Cooked to the type of perfection usually only achieved by photoshopped models, don’t be surprised if your taste-buds decide to throw a party in your mouth.
Seeing as a plate filled with nothing but a juicy steak would be a little disheartening to both your eyes and sense of taste, choose from one of four side-dishes to really finish the meal off. Whether you go for the traditional chips, a truly Saffa pap and sauce, mash or add some greenery to your carnivorous meal with a salad, a side-dish to vacation to during bites of steak just makes a meal so much more enjoyable. Finish everything off with a lip-smacking soft drink and don’t be surprised if you find yourself longing to return to Tryline the next time you feel the slightest hunger-pangs.
Beef-flavoured fact: Diners at a New York burger bar that specialised in steak-burgers were shocked when protesters barricaded the doors holding placards. The protesters, three cows from the local farm, were holding placards that said “EAT MOR CHIKIN”.