Pay R60 for a fly-fishing day-pass at On the Rocks fly-fishing lodge, valued at R120 (save 50%)
- Save 50% on a fly-fishing day pass
- Groupon includes 50% discount on rod hire if you do not have your own gear
- On The Rocks also has mountain bike trails and braai facilities
- Great for a day out and quality time
- Groupon redeemable until 30 September 2011 - the end of fly-fishing season
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Booking essential: Gretchen, 082 305 1154 or email email@example.com
- Grouponis strictly for catch and release. Purchased fish cost R80/kg
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
Man is an absolute sucker for a hobby. From timid model aeroplane building to freestyle canoe dancing, where one steers a canoe in ballroom dancing fashion to the song “Lady in red”, and yes this is a real sport. Fly-fishing is thankfully the former, more normal kind. Today’s Groupon appeals perfectly to the fly-fishing fan: Pay R60 for a fly-fishing day-pass at On the Rocks fly-fishing lodge, valued at R120.
On the Rocks fly-fishing lodge is situated in Zwavelpoort, east of Pretoria, in the beautiful Bronberg range. The dam is about 1.3 hectares in surface size and varies in depth. Pretoria’s lack of fresh water fish that live in water that actually moves is solved with this beautiful dam that is easily accessible for fishermen. The dam is stocked a few times per year with Rainbow, Brown and Golden Trout and the sizes vary from about 400 grams upwards. Fish when caught can be taken home (after being paid for), however the revered Golden Trout have to be thrown back, or they will put ninja’s after you and ninja’s don’t play nice.
Fishing times are from dawn to dusk or from 6:00 to 18:00 and there are also mountain bike trails for those who would like to explore the surroundings. This Groupon also includes a 50% off rod hire if you do not have your own gear and flies and tackle will be on sale for those who do not have their own rods. For a bite to eat yourself there are picnic sites available with braai facilities because what is a weekend away without a lekker braai. The avid bird watcher should perfect their mock bird-sounds as On the Rocks has extensive bird-life. This Groupon will have any fly-fishermen sold hook, line and sinker.
Fishy fact: A little bald doctor found a fly-fishing rod on the internet; he used it as a hook for reaching items in his apartment on the top shelves. This worked for him until the rod bent whilst trying to take down his lovesongs collection.