Save up to 60% on a full-day Bonsai course for one or two people with Pretoria Bonsai Kai
- Save up to 60% on a full-day bonsai course for one or two people
- Course includes: basic concepts of structuring and styling; techniques on pruning, wiring and repotting; daily care which includes watering, pests, insect control and fertilisers
- One of the oldest Bonsai clubs in South Africa; highly knowledgeable members
- What to bring: garden pruning shears, wire cutter, various gauges of aluminium or copper wire, bonsai or growing pots, silk stockings or raffia to protect the bark from wire cutting
- Bring one of the following Juniper species: Juniperus procumbens Nana; Juniperus x-medi "Blaauw"; Juniperus chinensis "Grey owl" - do not bring any Cypress species
- Soil mix will be available
- A manual is included
- Ideal as a gift
- Valid for 6 months
- Booking essential 72-hours in advance and subject to availability: 084 628 1782
- One Groupon per person
- Valid Monday to Saturday
- Bring your own picnic basket for lunch
- Groupon holders must bring all the items mentioned in the above highlights
- Groupon only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Terms & Conditions apply
Oodles of spare time can be spent lounging like a pro on the couch, getting painted a shade of lobster at the beach or catching up with the cool kids at trendy side cafes. Make your spare time count and get caught up in a new hobby with today’s Groupon: Save up to 60% on a full-day Bonsai course for one or two people with Pretoria Bonsai Kai.
- Pay R150 for a full-day Bonsai course for one person, valued at R300
- Pay R240 for a full-day Bonsai course for two people, valued at R600
As one of the oldest bonsai clubs in South Africa, the talented trimmers at Pretoria Bonsai Kai know a thing or two about maintaining miniature trees. With many senior members itching to pass their invaluable knowledge off to a younger crowd, this comprehensive beginner’s course is ideal for those looking to learn a thing or two about this ancient Japanese art form while meeting new people and perhaps discovering their new favourite hobby. Administered by the charismatic Charles Ceronio, the full-day course will include the following: basic concepts on structuring and styling, techniques on pruning, wiring and repotting, and daily care which includes watering, pests, insect control and the application of fertilisers.
Like most unique forms of art, Bonsai isn’t simple. That’s why excited Groupies are required to bring a few things with them for their full-day course. For masterful maintenance, bring garden pruning shears, a wire cutter, various gauges of aluminium or copper wire, bonsai or growing pots and silk stockings or raffia to protect the bark on the bonsai during wire cutting. In order to grasp the hands-on approach, you are also required to bring one of the following Juniper species on which you’ll learn some of the basic bonsai techniques: the Juniperus procumbens Nana, Juniperus x-medi "Blaauw" or the Juniperus chinensis "Grey owl”.If you’re not able to get hold of the above Juniper’s, fear not the wrath of Pretoria Bonsai Kai; you’re just as welcome to bring any other plant that boasts a reasonably thick trunk and low-growing branches.