Crocodile Farm Tour and Fishing at Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm
- Over 1 000 crocodiles
- Get up close with reptiles
- Educational for kids
- Child-friendly play areas available
- Fishing facilities
- Gift shop onsite
- Picnic baskets available on pre-order
- Le Bonheur Croc Farm Fishing Competition will take place from 1 February to 31 May 2014
Le Bonheur Croc Farm Fishing Competition
1. Own rods and fishing scale essential.
2. You may only fish during operating hours: 09:00 to 17h00 - seven days a week.
3. Entries done by electronic form only. Take a picture of your fish and a picture of the weight of the fish and email it to email@example.com.
4. Please add your contact information to email.
5. All fish will be catch and release.
6. No motorised ducks, dinghies or tubes allowed
7. No own food or drinks allowed - licensed restaurant available on premises.
8. First Prize is R1 000, Second Prize is R800 and Third Prize is R600.
9. Prize determined by size/weight of fish.
10. Pond stocked with Black Bass and Tilapias.
Winners will be announced on the first Sunday (1 June 2014) after the closing date. Pictures (jpegs) will be posted regularly on the website as the competition progresses and will be on display on the farm. Please forward any queries to the farm's website.
Crocodiles are known as “living fossils” both for their lengthy existence on earth and their love of listening to Louis Armstrong on gramophone. See these living fossils for yourself on a Croc Tour and fishing trip at Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm.
Choose from these options:
- Pay R70 for a Crocodile Farm tour for four adults, valued at R140
- Pay R153 for a Crocodile Farm tour for four and fishing for two, valued at R340
- Pay R204 for a Crocodile Farm tour for six and fishing for three, valued at R510
- Pay R258 for a Crocodile Farm tour for eight and fishing for four, valued at R680
Crocodiles have long been stereotyped as sly, cranky creatures that are ready to snap at any moment; yet these docile, relaxed reptiles are more concerned about catching a tan on the rocks than having you as a main course. At Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm the highly trained staff will take you on a guided croc tour, showing you a glimpse of the carefree life of a croc. Leading you across open dams via ramp ways surrounded by lush, green vegetation, you will be mesmerised by more than 1 000 crocs that call the dams their home.
More About Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm Franschhoek
With over 1 000 crocodiles, ponds and dams with tours conducted every 45 minutes, Le Bonheur is the place to be when you’re looking to learn about these fearsome reptiles. Featuring a licensed café which overlooks a beautiful waterfront garden featuring many safe play areas for children and catering to kids parties, families and people of all ages can enjoy a trip to the park.