Kilimanjaro: Save up to 35% per person sharing on an eight-day guided Kilimanjaro Climb along the Marangu Route preorder now- 34%
Kilimanjaro: Save up to 35% per person sharing on an eight-day guided Kilimanjaro Climb along the Marangu Route
- Save up to 35% per person sharing on an eight-day guided Kilimanjaro Climb along the Marangu Route
- Groupon includes: transport from Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha to the base hotel and to the mountain gate, park fees, fees of national park approved guide and porters, food on the mountain, drinking water on the tour, experienced cooks, guides and two nights in a hotel in Moshi HB (either Park View Inn or Sal Salinero Hotel) before and after the climb, depending on availability
- Extended stays can be booked at an additional cost
- All travel must be completed within 16 months
- Specified fort-nightly tour dates between September and December 2012 and January to December 2013; please contact Private Safaris for more information
- All bookings must be made Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:30 and Saturday, 08:30 to 12:30
- Booking essential and subject to availability: email@example.com or +254 20 360 7000 or +254 20 360 7242
- Groupon does not include visa
- Groupon excludes flights
- Rates are per person in sharing accommodation; single supplements apply
- Groupon excludes tips, airport transfers, airport taxes, laundry, insurances, items of a personal nature, mountain gear and beverages other than mineral water
- Not child-friendly
- Training is required to climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Maximum numbers apply on the tours
- Reaching the summit is not guaranteed and will depend on the fitness of the climbers
- Departure dates or routes may be adjusted according to weather conditions on the mountain
- A minimum of four climbers is required for a departure date
- Picture displayed is a representation
- Terms and Conditions apply
Add some adrenalin to your next escape from city-life and cross an adventure off your bucket-list with an eight-day guided climb up Kilimanjaro along the Marangu Route.
Pay R14 305 per person sharing on an eight-day guided Kilimanjaro Climb along the Marangu Route for departures in 2012, valued at R21 800
Pay R14 464 per person sharing on an eight-day guided Kilimanjaro Climb along the Marangu Route for departures in 2013, valued at R22 100
Many people dream of the adrenalin rush of reaching the summit of Kilimanjaro and a guided-climb with experienced guides and porters is the perfect way to achieve that dream. Spend one night pre-climb in Moshi to prepare for the coming hike, then move on and start your journey. Spend two nights in the Mandara Hut, three nights in Horombo Hut and one night in Kibo Hut, and tackle the highest point in Africa - Uhuru Peak. Training and preparation is required for the climb, and though it’s bound to be a taxing trek, climbing Kilimanjaro is a must-have addition to your bucket list.
Eight-day Kilimanjaro climb along Marangu Route:
Day one: Arrive at Kilimanjaro Airport and transfer to Moshi at the Park View Inn or Sal Salinero for dinner and an overnight at the hotel.
Day two: After breakfast, you’ll be transferred to the Marangu Park Gate for the first part of your climb through the Montane Forest to Mandara Hut at 2 765m. Enjoy dinner before overnighting.
Day three: Your third day takes you out of the rainforest for a trek along a good path through grassy moorland and to Horombo Hut at 3 790m where you’ll again enjoy dinner and overnighting.
Day four: A leisure day, you’re invited to enjoy breakfast and walk to the nearby lava tunnels before dinner.
Day five: A hard day’s hike follows breakfast, taking you through the alpine dessert leaving the moorland behind at the last water point. You’ll enjoy the majestic views at an altitude of 4 750m at the Kibo Hut before you hit the hay early for a midnight ascent on Kibo.
Day six: The most challenging day of the hike starts early on a steep and heavy screen up to Gilman's Point at 5 685m where you’ll arrive at the crater rim in time for sunrise. Carry on to the highest point in Africa - Uhuru Peak. The ascent takes between seven and eight hours, before a four to seven-hour decent to Horombo hut for another overnight.
Day seven: The descent continues all the way to Marangu Park Gate. Transfer back to the Park View Inn or Sal Salinero Hotel in Moshi.
Day eight: After breakfast, transfer back to the airport for your flight home.