Sightseers take in an authentic, friendly and welcoming African safari on the 75 000 hectare Madikwe Game Reserve with a stay for two including dinner, brunch and morning game drives at Jaci's Lodges.
Choose between these options:
- Pay R2 890 for a one-night stay for two
- Pay R5 780 for a two-night stay for two
- Pay R8 670 for a three-night stay for two
In the Jaci's Tree or Safari Lodge, including dinner, brunch and a morning game drive each morning
The Lodge at a Glance
Home to more than 60 mammal species including the Big Five, the rare Wild Dog and well over 300 resident and migrant bird species, Jaci’s Lodges in the Madikwe Game Reserve offers a unique and luxurious safari experience. Offering two unique styles of accommodation amid an oasis of calm and serenity in the arid African bush, Jaci’s Lodges makes the ideal spot for taking a time out and reconnecting with nature. Jaci’s Tree Lodge, perched high up in the trees, allows guests to kick back and admire the view from an expansive tree house, built on the edge of the Marico River. Connected by wooden walkways, the tree houses are crafted from African rosewood and thatch, blending seamlessly into the surrounding canopy – ideal for bird-watching. The Safari Lodge allows for a more down-to-earth experience, with low stone walls and canvas panels that roll up to allow you to view the wildlife from the comfort of your own bed. The main lodge provides a dining area where guests can tuck in to delicious meals or enjoy a high tea, or take dinner around a fire under the African stars.
- Morning game drive each morning - leaves after a light breakfast at first light, with one of seven qualified and experienced game guides with a vast array of anecdotes and interesting snippets of information on local customs, flora, geology, history and geography.
- Unique safari experiences in the Tree Lodge built into the canopy or the Safari Lodge where guests can view the surroundings from their bed
- Dining area and fireplace
Jaci's Tree Lodge
Decorated in vibrant reds and greens and complemented by modern African elements, the Tree Lodge offers a relaxing, natural environment built into the trees for a truly unique experience.
- King-sized or twin beds
- Stone bath and outdoor "jungle" shower
- Equipped with air conditioning, fans and heaters
- Large balcony to watch resident mongoose families or birds in the surrounding tree canopy Maximum occupancy: two adults
Jaci's Safari Lodge
Thatch roofs, low stone walls and canvas panels that roll up, the spacious Safari Lodge rooms allow you to enjoy a unique African safari experience from your own bed.
- King-sized or twin beds
- Large mosaic bath and outdoor "safari" shower
- Equipped with underfloor heating, air conditioning, and ceiling fans
- Private deck from which to enjoy the surroundings Maximum occupancy: two adults
What to do in Madikwe Game Reserve
A 75 000 hectare reserve in the extreme north-west corner of North West province, abutting the Botswana border close to the Kalahari Desert, Madikwe Game Reserve is a three-way venture between the North West Parks and Tourism Board, the private sector and local communities.
Home to 60 mammal species including the Big Five and more - elephant, rhino, buffalo, cheetah, spotted & brown hyena, lion, giraffe, leopard, hippo and the highly endangered Cape hunting dog, the reserve is a beautiful amalgamation of thorny scrub merging into savannah grassland and is able to sustain a wide range of game, including a number of crossover species.
Supporting a number of large antelope species, such as eland & gemsbok, as well as smaller buck species such as springbok, duiker and klipspringer, as well as honey badger, otter, serval, meerkat, antbear, baboon, porcupine, warthog & bushbaby to name a few - nature-lovers are sure to be thrilled with the game viewing in this incredible & diverse reserve.
Birdwatchers are also spoiled for choice, as more than 340 feathered species have been recorded in Madikwe.