Stylish and comfortable accommodation in the peaceful and leafy suburb of Hunters Home, a stay at Knysna Country House offers travellers a scenic escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
Choose between these options:
- Pay R485 for a one-night stay for two
- Pay R959 for a two-night stay for two
- Pay R1 429 for a three-night stay for two
In a standard room, including breakfast
The Hotel at a Glance
A stylish country house less than two minutes from the Knysna Golf Course, Knysna Country House offers comfortable bed and breakfast with all the charm of a boutique hotel. Surrounded by lush gardens overflowing with birdlife, as well as a sparkling saltwater pool and comfortable sun loungers, traveller are enticed to do nothing more than spend their days lazing around or enjoying glass of wine on the balcony overlooking the Knysna Lagoon and Mountains.
With nine comfortable rooms with en-suite bathrooms, minibars, satellite television, hairdryers, safes, coffee and tea making stations, as well as an extensive breakfast buffet consisting of a generous cheese and cold meat platter, freshly made muffins, health breads, filter coffee and eggs and bacon, as well as fresh fruit salad, the charming guest house offers everything a traveller needs for a relaxed escape.
To ensure a relaxed stay, the Hotel also offers braai facilities including salads, breads and sauces for groups of four or more as well as pre-cooked ready-made meals which can be pre-ordered and picnic baskets on request.
The hotel also offers day tours in the Garden Route and discounted rates for golf at Pezula, Simola and Oubaai Golf Courses.
- Spacious and sunny balcony overlooking the large swimming pool offers the perfect spot for viewing bird life, the Knysna Lagoon, town and distant mountains
- The lush garden is home to a variety of birds, including the African Hoepoe, the colourful indigenous Knysna Loerie, the elegant Southern Double Collared Sunbird as well as the black and white spotted Helmeted Guinea Fowl
- Large saltwater swimming pool surrounded by comfortable sun loungers
- Braai facilities including salads, breads and sauces for groups of four or more as well as pre-cooked ready-made meals which can be pre-ordered
- Offers day tours in the Garden Route and discounted rates for golf at Pezula, Simola and Oubaai Golf Courses
Ideal for couples, the standard rooms are situated around an intimate, party-covered courtyard with a separate entrance off the main building.
- Individually decorated
- Flat-screen television with selected satellite channels
- Wireless internet
- Maximum occupancy: Two adults
What to do in Kynsna
Located in the heart of the Garden Route, and famed for its scenic beauty and mild Mediterranean climate, Knysna was originally two separate hamlets but has since grown into the famous town it is today – a favourite with South Africans and international visitors alike.
The famous Knysna Lagoon, fed by several tidal rivers, with the famous Knysna Heads separating the Lagoon from the warm waters of the Indian Ocean as well as the dramatic backdrop of the indigenous forest and the Outeniqua Mountains offer great options for the active outdoor types. With the chance to indulge in hikes in the forest looking for the elusive free-roaming Knysna Elephants, visits to long-abandoned gold mines or some of the most spectacular mountain biking trails South Africa has to offer, there’s something for all nature-lovers to enjoy.
A variety of beaches, one of the friendliest communities in South Africa as well as a large variety of golf courses including Pezula Golf Course, Simola Golf Course and the well-established Knysna Golf Course, ensure that there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Knysna.