Break away to the South Coast for rustic sub-tropical adventure on the South Coast with its lush green hills and palm trees with a stay for two including breakfast at Umtamvuna River Lodge.
Choose between these options:
- R1 050 for a two-night stay for two
- R1 539 for a three-night stay for two
- R1 999 for a four-night stay for two
Sharing and including breakfast
The Lodge at a Glance
Umtamvuna River Lodge is a popular wedding venue with a rustic feel, hidden away in a lush sub-tropical garden on the River’s edge near Port Edward on the south coast of KwaZulu-Natal. The Lodge has an aura of a tropical oasis with swaying palm trees, wooden decks and thatched roofs, and the odd noisy monkey hanging from a branch. There are braai facilities, a swimming pool and two paddle boats available for guests to entertain themselves. The pool terrace and cocktail bar, on stilts along the river, compliments the rustic ambience of the lodge, while Bubba the resident potbelly pig entertains guests with his antics.
- Popular wedding venue with rustic feel near Port Edward
- Swaying palm trees, wooden decks and thatched roofs
- Braai facilities, swimming pool and wakeboarding school
- Pool terrace and cocktail bar on stilts along the river
The lodge has eight identical air-conditioned rooms with king-sized beds than can be converted into two single beds, all decked with fresh cotton percale linen. There is also a bar fridge, tea and coffee station, sleeper couch, flat-screen LCD TV, and a private wooden deck. Bathrooms are modern with granite trim and a bath and shower combination.
- Eight air-conditioned rooms with king-sized or twin beds
- Fresh cotton percale linen
- Bar fridge, tea and coffee station, sleeper couch, flat-screen LCD TV, and a private wooden deck
- Bathrooms with granite trim and bath and shower combination
- Maximum occupancy: Two adults
What to do in the South Coast
The South Coast of KwaZulu Natal is known for its stunning views and plethora of sites for tourists to enjoy. One of the biggest highlights is the annual Sardine Run when millions of sardines migrate up the coast attracting dolphins and whales.
The South Coast boasts sub-tropical forests, blue lagoons, golden beaches, rocky coves, the warm Indian Ocean coupled with sunny weather creating a year-round holiday destination that attracts local and international visitors. The three best beaches to visit on this coast are Ramsgate, Lucien and Marina beach – these three have been given the prestigious Blue Flag status and are ranked internationally.
Nature lovers can visit the Umtamvuna Nature Reserve, with a host of conserved plants and birding activities available. For the adventurous travellers the scuba diving scene thrives here, including deep sea diving. Also running from Umtamvuna River Lodge is BoardAlign Wakeboarding, where guests can book wakeboarding lessons with a pro wakeboarder on a unique cable wakeboarding system. Alternatively, land lovers can try ab-sailing at Oribi Gorge.