Pay R1260 for 2 nights for 2 people at the Hilton Durban, valued at R7200 (save 83%)
- Stay in the Hilton Durban for 2 nights for R1260 per room, save 83%
- All rooms are furnished with satellite television, a mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities, fax and modem points, in-room safes and electronic locks
- Conveniently situated next to the International Convention Centre (ICC), central to popular beaches and world-class sports arena
- Outdoor swimming pool, gym, beauty and hairdressing salon
- Boutiques and curio shops
- Groupon redeemable for 3 months
- 2 people per room only
- Booking essential and subject to availability: 031 336 8100
- Value is based on the Hilton Hotel's rack rate
- Redemption only on presentation of individual printed Groupon(s)
- Only issued and valid once deal closes
- The picture displayed is just a representation
- Limited number available
- Groupon not redeemable with in-store promotions
- Terms & Conditions apply
Alexander the Great would’ve been much more average, were it not for his occasional getaways. Only a day or two at time, it gave him the peace he needed to gather his thoughts and regroup and also provided a much needed break from his soap-shy soldiers. Allow yourself the same luxury and break-away for two nights at the Hilton Durban for R1260 per room sharing, valued at R7200.
Located on the sunny East Coast of SA, the Hilton Durban occupies a patch of highly sought after real estate and is surrounded by world class venues. You won’t have to swim across a large body of open water and dodge some very protective farmers, a la The Beach, to reach Durban’s famous golden mile of Indian Ocean beaches as a mere 1.5km lies between hotel guests and the shoreline. If you fancy yourself a surf, grab a board and seek out some of the world-renowned spots that are dotted along the coast and have lured surfers to the warm waters for years. If you prefer your feet dry for your adventures, U-Shaka Marine World Theme Park holds enough thrills to exhaust an invading army.
If, like James Bond, you like to mix business with pleasure you will not be left wanting, only 15m away lies the International Convention Centre, saying that it’s ‘a stone’s throw away’ could not be more appropriate, and should not be put to the test. But, if you’d prefer to stay within the luxurious walls of the Hilton to conduct your business, the Executive Floor will cover all your needs. In the same way that a helmet is perfect for your protecting your head, the venue is perfect for small, informal business meetings.
Of course for some the real reason for getting away was to do as little as possible, and the staff at the Hilton excel at facilitating this. No matter your need or request, they will do everything within their professional capacity to ensure that you do not have to do anything for yourself. In addition, the hotel offers a laundry service, 24-hour concierge desk and even a baby sitter if need be. Throw in high speed internet access via WiFi, satellite TV, tea and coffee making facilities and a mini bar, in each room and you’d be forgiven for boarding yourself up and refusing company.
Muso fact: During the Great Depression in America brass was too valuable to be used in the production of so-called trivial products, which included musical instruments. This lead some musicians to find innovative solutions to satisfy their musical needs, most notably James Clark who used an old pair shoelaces to replace the keys on his saxophone. The improvised instrument is still on display in the Motown Music Museum.