Take part in a monumental tour of Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai, and tour Eastern landmarks such as the Great Wall of China, the Terracotta Warriors and the Pearl of Orient TV Tower.
Take a an unforgettable tour through the history and culture of the unique and mysterious country that is China. Begin in Beijing with a walk through the Forbidden City, which was home to the Chinese emperors and their households for five centuries. Visit the sites of the 2008 Olympic Games and walk amongst the clouds while hiking the 2 000-year old Great Wall of China. Take a tour of a pearl factory outlet and enjoy a special lunch hosted by a local family in Hutong. Upon arrival in Xi'an, travellers will be able to visit the City Wall which stands as one of the largest military defensive systems in the world. Visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda and tour the exhibit of the Terra-cotta Warriors, both regarded as important landmarks of Xi'an. Upon arrival in Shanghai, travellers will be able to choose between their own independent explorations and taking part in optional tours to such attractions as the Shanghai Museum, the Pearl of Orient TV Tower, the Silk Factory outlet and the ancient water town in Suzhou.
- 15 May
- 29 May
- 19 June
- 10 July
- 7 August
- 21 August
- 4 September
- 18 September
- 17 October
- 30 October
- 6 November
- 13 November
- 20 November
- 27 November
- Day 1: Depart from Johannesburg – Arrive in Beijing.
- Day 2: Beijing - Tianamen Square, walk through the Forbidden City, experience traditional Chinese tea culture.
- Day 3: Beijing – 2008 Olympic Games sites, Bird’s Nest and Water Cube, Great Wall of China, largest Jade factory in Beijing.
- Day 4: Beijing – Tai Chi lesson, Temple of Heaven, silk factory, Hutong.
- Day 5: Xi'an – visit the City Wall, sightseeing tours include Big Wild Goose Pagoda and Provincial Museum.
- Day 6: Xi'an - tour the exhibit of the historical Terracotts Warriors, Muslim Quarter and traditional market.
- Day 7: flight to Shanghai - explore independently or join optional tour to Shanghai Museum, People Square, Pearl of Orient TV Tower and the Bund and Nanjing Road.
- Day 8: Shanghai - explore independently or join optional tour to the ancient water town, a Silk Factory outlet.
- Day 9: Depart for Johannesburg.
- Hotel accommodations
- Daily American style buffet breakfast in hotel and meals specified in the itinerary
- Airport transfer for scheduled arrival date and departure date
- Transportation from Beijing to Xi’an, Xi’an to Shanghai
- Local transportation during the guided tour
- English speaking guide
- Sightseeing admissions except optional excursion
How to redeem:
To confirm bookings:
- Complete Online Reservation Form at http://www.merryttatravel.com/ChinaTours/ChinaMemory.shtml
- Click ‘Book Now’ tab and select your tour based on the option purchased
- Complete all passenger details. Please note: where two people are travelling together, two voucher codes and two security codes (if applied) are to be entered into areas provided on the booking form
- You will be required to provide your credit card information to pay the balance of payments including tour tipping, single supplement (if applied), and any optional yours if required. All remaining balance payable to Merry Travel is in US Dollars.