Travellers swathe themselves in authentic Mauritian luxury with six nights of all-inclusive accommodation at Le Canonnier.
The Hotel at a Glance
Hailed as one of the best family resorts in Mauritius, Le Canonnier offers commanding views of the northern islands and sparkling Indian Ocean from its spot above the coastline. Lush tropical gardens dotted with cascading pools and a string of secluded creeks enhance the natural Mauritian atmosphere, just 5km from the village of Grand Baie.
During their leisure time, guests entertain themselves with a wide array of activities ranging from yoga to archery, kick back at the bar or pamper themselves at the wellness and massage centre built in a banyan tree. The hotel also boasts three restaurants.
One of the most unique features of the hotel is the unique mini-club housed in an ancient lighthouse, and the ruins of the fortress which blends into the tropical gardens. Holidaymakers can spend their vacation indulging in a variety of land activities and motorised water sports, with activities ranging from tennis and yoga to mountain biking and archery.
- Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner daily as well as a small bottle of French champagne and fresh fruits in the room on arrival
- Includes flights as well as land and motorised sports – ranging from tennis, volley ball, to mountain biking
- Seven-hectare tropical garden with sparkling pools and ponds
- Wellness and massage centre built in a banyan tree
- Wide range of leisure and sports activities including archery and initiation to yoga
A bright and breezy room equipped with all the essentials, the sea-facing room boasts smooth bamboo lines and touches of burgundy. Decorated with light wood furniture and filled with natural light, the sea facing room offers the ultimate in island-style relaxation.
- Opens onto a cosy indoor living area and a terrace or balcony
- Bathroom with a shower and bathtub; modern with a tropical slant
- Television with satellite channels
- Decorated in soothing neutral colours and natural woods
- Maximum occupancy: Two adults and one child under 12
What to do in Mauritius
An island nation located off the coast of Africa, Mauritius is famous for its lagoons and palm-fringed beaches with coral reefs surrounding most of the coastline. Like most tropical islands, Mauritius offers near-perfect weather throughout most of the year, making it perfect for beach holidays – and with the warm blue turquoise water, and endless white beaches fringed with coconut trees, the island offers an idyllic beach holiday destination.
For those looking for something to do besides laze about on the beach, Mauritius offers a wide range of other attractions, including the Mauritius Botanical Garden - one of the most popular tourist attractions and the oldest botanical garden in the Southern Hemisphere. Nature-lovers can also enjoy Black River Gorges National Park, the Seven-coloured earth and Chamarel falls at Chamarel Park or one of the famous waterfalls.
Visitors can also spend a day in Port Louis, home to the Blue Penny Museum, the Mauritius Natural History Museum and the Mauritius Stamp Museum, as well as the Caudan Waterfront, Port Louis Bazaar, Police Barracks, the Mauritian Chinatown and the old Port Louis theatre.