Travellers experience the eclectic and vibrant atmosphere of one of Cape Town’s most vibrant hotels with accommodation for two at the Grand Daddy hotel.
Choose between these options:
- Pay R1 409 for a two-night stay for two
- Pay R2 069 for a three-night stay for two
In a Superior Room
The Hotel at a Glance
Opened in 1895 as the Hotel Metropole – one of the oldest landmark buildings in Cape Town – The Grand Daddy offers a vibrant combination of luxury and white trash couture accommodation. Reflecting the diverse talent, style and flavour of the Mother City, the award-winning hotel captures the essence of Cape Town and Long Street with a mixed bag of looks and feels.
Boasting a sky-high, four-star caravan park kitted with seven vintage Airstream trailers from America – the only one of its kind – as well as SA’s only rooftop cinema and the Sky Bar – a slick, wooden, sky-high watering hole which serves delicious cocktails under an open Bedouin tent.
Apart from the rooftop caravan park, the Hotel also offers a variety of other accommodation, with décor reminiscent of the Great Gatsby with a few contemporary quirks. With everything from a blinged-out Daddy Cool Bar to a fish-tank built into the wall of a passage and the original working 19th century elevator, The Grand Daddy offers tongue-in-cheek playfulness combined with ultimate, Afro-chic luxury.
- Famous for its Airstream Rooftop Trailer Park; the world’s only designer rooftop caravan park with seven vintage Airstream trailers from America
- Combination of luxury and white trash couture accommodation
- The charming L’Apero restaurant serves up a diverse array of fresh, Mediterranean-inspired dishes and desserts
- Home to the Pink Flamingo – South Africa’s only rooftop cinema
- Daddy Cool Bar boasts white leather, shiny surfaces, bling chains and quirky golden treasures
- The Venue is available for conferences, meetings, corporate dinners, cocktail parties and product launches
- Sky Bar offers a rooftop bar with a wooden deck, under the protection of a Bedouin tent
Subtle and stylish, the superior rooms offer 25 square metres of four-star comfort peppered with clever local touches.
- One king-size bed or two single beds with soft white French linen and snug, furry blankets
- Travertine marble bathroom with a shower over the bath and Beautiful Earth bathroom amenities
- Lampshades decorated with clouds of South African place names, and the headboards are bedecked with African-aloe outlines
- Wireless internet, satellite television, security safe and mini-bar
- Individual remote-controlled air-conditioning
- Maximum occupancy: two adults
What to do in Cape Town
Cape Town is the second largest city in South Africa and boasts an endless variety of sights for tourists to enjoy. Pearly white beaches dot the coastline surrounding the city, while Table Mountain watches over denizens.
Visit the Cape Wheel at the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront or take a cable car up the mountain. Being a cultural melting pot, Cape Town offers visitors from any walk of life entertainment of all kinds. Explore the winelands surrounding the city, or take in a shopping spree at one of the many malls or markets in and around the city. Cape Town boasts an active nightlife scene with a variety of clubs and pubs that cater to travellers looking for a big night out, or simply a quiet evening with a few drinks. Visit historic locations such as Robben Island or the Castle of Good Hope or take a walking tour of the city and discover the museums and gems hidden in the nooks and crannies of Cape Town. The city is the perfect venue for travellers who want to unwind and excitement seekers alike.
38 Long Street,
Cape Town, 8001Get Directions