Inland sights are swapped for coastal delights along the South Coast of KwaZulu Natal amid lush vegetation and wildlife with a self-catering stay for four adults and two children at Merry Crab Beach Lodge.
Choose between these options:
- R2 099 for a three-night weekend stay for four adults and two children
- R2 099 for a three-night weekday stay for four adults and two children
- R2 699 for a four-night any day stay for four adults and two children
Sharing in a self-catering cabanna
The Hotel at a Glance
A charming, informal and secure self-catering holiday hideaway carved out of the lush tropical vegetation of the Admiralty Reserve, The Merry Crab Beach Lodge is found along a shaded pathway through bush inhabited by curious duiker. A large undercover boma is ideal for potjies or braais in inclement weather and boasts a pizza oven where families can create their own masterpiece dishes. A communal lapa and big screen TV in the poolside bar and lounge provides relief after long days on the beach. In the lounge area travellers will find board games and reading nook for a relaxing afternoon. A short walk from The Merry Crab is the swimming and surfing bay known as Glenmore Beach where families play safely in the warm water, surfers ride the rollers and power boats put out to sea under the watchful eyes of lifesavers.
- A large undercover boma is ideal for potjies or braais
- A pizza oven where families can create their own masterpiece dishes
- A communal lapa and big screen TV in the poolside bar and lounge provides relief after stressful days on the beach
Upon arrival, guests are ushered to comfortable self-catering cabanas; sleeping four adults in two separate en-suite bedrooms. All units have their own kitchen, kitted with a fridge, oven and a microwave, while DSTV, a sundeck and private braai facilities take care of entertainment needs. Each unit is allocated its own secure off-street parking bay and is situated on the beachfront with only a short stroll through the Admiralty Reserve to the beach.
- Two separate en-suite bedrooms
- Kitchen, kitted with a fridge, oven and a microwave
- Additional open room featuring a double bed and a sleeper couch
- DSTV, a sundeck and private braai facilities take care of entertainment needs
- Secure off-street parking bay
- Maximum occupancy: Up to four adults and two children
What to do on the Kwa-Zulu Natal South Coast
The South Coast of Kwa-Zulu Natal is known for its stunning views and plethora of sites for tourists to enjoy. One of the biggest highlights is the annual Sardine Run when millions of sardines migrate up the coast attracting dolphins and whales.
The South Coast boasts sub-tropical forests, blue lagoons, golden beaches, rocky coves, the warm Indian Ocean coupled with sunny weather to create a year-round holiday destination that attracts local and international visitors. The three best beaches to visit on this coast are Ramsgate, Lucien and Marina beach – these three have been given the prestigious Blue Flag status and are ranked internationally.
Nature lovers can visit the Umtamvuna Nature Reserve, with a host of conserved plants and birding activities available. For the adventurous travellers the scuba diving scene thrives here, including deep sea diving. Alternatively land lovers can try abseiling at Oribi Gorge.