Experienced guides lead visitors through a surface tour of a working diamond mine, starting with a 10-minute introduction DVD of how diamonds are formed and an overview of underground operations. Sparkley-eyed visitors also visit the Diamond Display Room to ogle replicas of famous diamonds, a mock-up of an underground tunnel and the shafts in operation. Tours end with a trip to the lookout point of the Big Hole and a trip to the Diamond Cutting and Jewellery shop with a glass of bubbly or juice. Specialists in the field of surface tours of the famous Cullinan Diamond Mine, Premier Diamond Mines has been guiding groups of enthralled sightseers for over 20 years. Fourteen fully qualified, trained and licensed guides impart their expansive knowledge of the mine during guided tours which run seven days a week, 10 hours a day.
- Duration: one and half hours
- Monday to Friday 10:30 and 14:00
- Saturday and Sunday 10:30 and 12:00
Choose between these options:
- R100 for a walking tour of Cullinan Diamond Mine for two people (R200 value)
- R180 for a walking tour of Cullinan Diamond Mine for four people (R400 value)
- R240 for a walking tour of Cullinan Diamond Mine for six people (R640 value)